VOZ - unbuilt
Located in SE Portland, OR the proposal creates a space to act as a "beacon" to attract day laborers both for the benefit of the laborers and the City of Portland. The mixed use center caters to the laborers with a job center, retail space, and an interior courtyard on the first floor and educational center and administrative offices on the second and third floors. A vegetated wall mediates the indoor / outdoor environment with natural materials.
- View of main entry from HWY 99 (Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd)
- MLK Blvd street front with main entrance in foreground and cafe seating beyond
- Interior parking / courtyard
- "Beacon" detail of NW corner
- Diagrammatic conceptual site plan
- First Floor plan diagram