A meandering path separates you from the outside as you focus in on the 100 square foot room for repose. Sunken into the ground the space allows for quiet meditation where the only recognition of the world outside the space is water on a rainy day flowing in through a whole in the roof and landing on a large stone in the center.
- Arial view of model. Circular space creates inward focus.
- Concept diagram - inward spiral creating the focus necessary for meditation
- Entry into space - entry is constricted to create sense of disconnect from exterior
- Interior of meditation space - filtered light through alternating panels. Sloping floor to water feature in the center
- Exiting the space. Exit is separate from entry
- Early sketch model